Bulk mail is used by UW Oshkosh Postal Services to refer to a rate group within standard mail. This sub-group is called Presorted Marketing Mail.
- All pieces need to contain identical information — it cannot be personalized
- You must have at least 200 pieces or 50 pounds of mail
- Each piece of mail must weigh less than one (1) pound
- The addresses must have been verified in the last 90 days that the zip codes are correct for the address — Contact Postal Services for verification assistance and services
- The mailing must be submitted to Postal Services in zip code order
There are profit and not-for-profit rates in this category of mail. UWO qualifies for not-for-profit rates as long as the contents of the mailing don’t make it ineligible — to determine material eligibility, please contact a staff member of Postal Services.
A few examples of excluded content include offers from a bank, credit card, insurance company or travel agency.
Co-mailing with other not-for-profit mailers is acceptable so long as proof of not-for-profit status is presented to the USPS before mailing.
For assistance with mailing and to learn more about other services offered to simplify and expedite this process, contact Postal Services at (920) 424-1145 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.