New Travel Updates
As of October 3, 2016, we will no longer be accepting paper Out-of-State Pre-Approval or Travel Expense Reports (TER). For all future travel please login to E-Reimbursement to create a Travel Authorization (for out of state travel) and/or create an Expense Reimbursement Report.
New Travel Rate Structure and Policies:
Effective Oct. 5, 2015
On Oct. 5, 2015, the UW System implemented a new rate structure and policies for individual meal and incidental costs, lodging, vehicle usage, miscellaneous travel-related expenses and general travel provisions.
Summary of the key changes includes:
- University will not reimburse for travel expenses submitted after 90 days from return trip date.
- Any travel related purchase that is not in accordance within travel policy will be deemed unauthorized and will no longer be reimbursed.
- New Rate Calculator will now be used to determine maximum lodging amount and meal per diem based on location and dates of stay prior to travel. Individual travelers are not allowed to pay for co-worker’s meals.
- The purchase of lodging using online brokers (i.e. Expedia, Hotels.com, AirBnB, etc.) continues to be disallowed in policy.
- Mileage rate increase in federal rate (.54/mile). Gas receipts will not be paid in lieu of standard mileage rate.
- Sponsored event policy now includes the payment of meals on behalf of others including group travel. Rates have increased and are different from individual per diem rates.
The policies are available on the UW TravelWise portal, our official source of all travel rate and policy information.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Michelle Highley (920) 424-0837 or email@example.com.